This page is for the wonderful students and parents of Room 3.
Scroll down the page for new messages and activities.
Kia ora koutou,
I would like to emphasise that there is no expectation that the children complete all the work provided in the packs and on the website.
If you completed one of each type of activity in a day that would be sufficient. ie 1 handwriting, 1 maths, 1 literacy including some story writing, some computer time, read a story together or view online.
https://watch.vooks.com/browse This is a great website for listening to stories. This is the link to my own login so you do not need to sign up or log in (hopefully).
We did a test run at school so I think it will work. Just scroll down to see the range of books.
The class love using Go Noodle every morning in Room 3. Have a look at the link below and set up a home account. You will have a lot of fun together.
www.gonoodle.com/goodenergy Click on the Discover or Channel tabs to find the activities we use in class.
Good luck everyone and please keep in touch.
Boredom busting ideas for kids
- Create some handprint doodle art using coloured paper and markers. Doodling is calming, relaxing and fun for all ages – adults included!
- Make a whirly gig using recycled cardboard and our free printable template, including a blank one so kids can design their own
- Got paper rolls in your recycling box? Here are 30 upcycled paper roll crafts kids will love
- Make a batch of play dough that will keep younger kids busy and engaged for a long time – we love this cinnamon play dough recipe
- For older kids, yarn crafts are always fun. Here are 15 easy yarn craft ideas from finger knitting to fluffy pet rocks
- Here is an easy coat hanger catapult you can make in 5 minutes
- Bubbles always make kids happy – here are 30 fun bubble activities
- Make a batch of goo for some messy sensory play – three ingredients is all it takes
- Balloon puppies are so much fun to make and play with – they were one of our go-to activities when the girls were little
- Here are 50+ DIY toys so kids can make their own fun